Impossible to add feature

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:27 PM

First of all I want to say thank you to the project developers of this data server.

I have Geomedia Pro 6.01.02.04 running on Windows XP with postgresql 8.4 and postgis 1.5.2
I have used PsgDBUtils.exe to create Simple Metadata Table for a db, and then  I have create a connection in GeoMedia to the same db.
Then I have added a linear feature from this db without any problem.

If I try to add a new line to this feature I have this error (it's in italian, my language):

PPComOps
Metodo '~' dell'oggetto '~' non riuscito

In english it should be

PPComOps
Method '~' of the object '~' failed

If I click on More, I have "server closed the connection unexpectedly  This probably means the server terminated abnormally   before or while processing the request."
This error kill postgres.

I have the same problems with points feature.

Is there something wrong in my procedure? Any advice for me?

Thank you again,

a

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Hello, GeoMedia version 6.01.02.04 is quite old one. First of all I would try to load the latest GeoMedia hotfix. Also be sure that the table does not contain any special characters in the table name or a field name. If the problem still persists, you may try to run the debug version of PostGISGDO.dll and send me (or upload it here) the generated log. Pavel

Oct 22, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Hi Pavel,
from where is it possible to download GeoMedia hotfix?

Thank you,

Andrea

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Hi Andrea,

GeoMedia hofixes are available here: https://support.intergraph.com/default.asp?division=SGI

you need user name and password, but all Intergraph customers should have access to this site. If not, please contact your local Intergraph office for assistance.

Thanks, Pavel

Feb 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Hello,

It happens exactly the same to me. I already loaded the latest hotfix.

I'm using the debug version. Where is the log file being generated?

Is there any other ideia of what may be causing the error?

Thank you.

André Silva